Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wedding Shower!

Hello again! I know it has been a long time since I posted anything and I apologize for that. Anyway, today has been a day of challenge. John and I attended a wedding shower for a dear family friend. Alex has been with us for a long time. Alex and Billy have been friends since they played pee wee football together. Our families got to know each other and just blended together to make one BIG happy family. We have shared each other's joys, tears, challenges, tragedies but most of all we share our love for each other. Billy knew no matter what he was going through or where he was Alex would be there for him. We use to call them Cowboy and Tonto!

I kept finding myself thinking about Billy today and knowing in my heart that he is in heaven smiling down on Alex (Cowboy)! Billy was so proud to have Alex as a friend, and they shared so much together. They walked creeks together looking for fish, they hunted together, they got into trouble together, but most of all they were there for each other when it counted the most.

So as I work at not crying today because of Billy's absence during his friend's special time in life, I look back at all they did together and I know that Billy is proud and happy for Alex as he ever would have been.

I also know that Alex was committed to Billy as a true friend, and therefore he will make a wonderful husband to Madison, because he was her friend first and Alex takes the commitment of friendship very seriously. To Alex and Madison I wish them happiness and much joy in their life together as husband and wife. But, most of all I want them to remember what brought them together was friendship and that will also keep them together through it all. Much love from our family to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment